Saturday, October 2, 2010

Folded Book

I enjoy collecting Quotes -- I always have done.  I have a journal that is dedicated to that purpose and when I come across a stamp that has a quote that I like it gets added to my collection.  My stamps seem to consist of nature stamps and quotations.  I think that's why I like Quietfire Designs so much.  Suzanne Cannon is a talented calligrapher and she uses that talent to good effect with quotations.  That's were I got most of the stamps that I used on the next booklet I made.  It's made from three folded 12" x12" sheets of card stock. Each overlapping by one 6" x 6" square.


The copper tag is debossed with the word "Natural" and the stamp "creative journey" is from Quietfire Design.  The background of the cover is wallpaper border.


You can see how the book opens up.  I used a green/grey card stock with a mix of pictures, stamps and quotations.



The brighter green is a handmade mulberry paper that was cut into triangular shapes that wouldn't interfere with the fold lines.  The small leaves were from punches.


To complement the quotations I found pictures from magazines.



In the bottom corner I included a small booklet.





The ribbon is used to tie the folded book closed.  This type of folded book can be used for a variety of purposes.  It can make a handy mini album with plenty of space for journalling.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...