Saturday, February 25, 2012

A.R.T. Lesson 7

We had a week break which gave us some time to catch up on our lessons in the 100 Handmade Books Workshop in the Artists of the Round Table Group.  This week's lesson involved making a venetian blind book and a brush book.

For the venetian blind book I chose to illustrate mine with two images.  I used a dark image for one side of my blind and a complementary white image that could be seen when you viewed the blind from the other direction.





For the Brush book, I used text weight, deckle edged paper.  For content I used two ee cummings poems  - and began them one on each side so that they met in the middle, which seemed in keeping with ee cummings style.  You would read one poem, then flip the book over and read the other.




The small band of paper at the end, secures the book together.  It is a simple structure but was quite effective for the poetry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...