Sunday, January 29, 2012

A.R.T. Lesson 4

For this lesson, we are working on another "Pants" book or simple accordion with tunnel.  Once again it is made from a single sheet of paper.  The folding of the sections is a bit different and so is the opening of the book.  In this example, half the book is a tunnel which sits on a page from the book.  It's hard to describe so here is a picture of the finished product.


The first page of my tunnel has a door.  This picture shows the door closed and you can see that it is sitting on the text area of the book.  My theme is on "Time and Families".


This is what the front cover of my book looks like.  I used hinge stickers and alcohol inks to decorate the cover.


In this picture you can see the three opening of the tunnel.


Here you can see the back page of the tunnel.

This shows the last opening of the tunnel.

The text area spells out TIME and says "Time draws families closer, makes memories stronger, allows hurts to fade and blessings to grow."

Later ammendment:

I kept on playing with the tunnel book idea and decided to vary the windows that I used in the tunnel.  In keeping with my "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" theme, I used star and moon cutouts.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...