Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Second Step

Preparing Materials



I've been busy preparing handouts to email to my online class participants and trying to figure out the best way to deliver the material.  I could give it step by step and send it out just before each class is ready to begin or I could send it out ahead of time so that those who want to, can read it over and get a feel for the class as a whole. 

I know that I like to see the big picture. If things are going well, I want to dive right in and keep on going.  I don't want to do something and then wonder if I've made a mistake because I don't really know what the next step is going to be.

My first class is going to be an overview of the procedure and a sequence of events.  I'll have sent out a materials list in advance so people can gather what they'll need before class starts. Since they are making fabric journals to suit themselves, pretty much anything goes.  Ideally, what they have on hand should work and we'll just make it work the best way we know how.  I will be telling people what I did to create my fabric journal and explaining alternatives so that they can work with what they have to create the best effects they can.

One method of providing information online that I'm exploring, in addition to videos, is posting information on this blog that can be downloaded.  I've been reading about it but I'm not such a technical person that I have the skill to accomplish it yet.
.
I'm going to experiment with posting my Materials List for the class. I've produced it in PDF format and according to a tutorial I read I should be able to embed it in the blog or at least post a link to it in the blog.  I'll try it and see what happens.  

A list of materials for the class will be found here: Materials List

:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...