Friday, March 23, 2012

A.R.T. Lesson 8

Once again with the Artists of the Round Table, our challenge from Alisa Golden's Book "Making Handmade Books:100+ Bindings, Structures and Forms" involved creating a book from a single sheet of paper.  This time the books was called a T Cut book.  This was because the several of the folds were cut in a T shape and then the paper was folded into book form.


I wasn't terribly creative with my decoration on this one.  The number of pages brought to mind a counting book so I brought out my stamps and used a number set and a small image set from a calendar stamp set that I have to create this mini counting book.  My great niece was pleased with the result.

The second book was called a Room book because the resulting book looks like a room when it is open. 



I used some Laurel Burch stamps and coloured them in with markers.  The book collapses in at the sides to fold flat.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...