Sunday, March 25, 2012

A.R.T. Lesson 10

This time our challenge was the Guest book.  Once again we were working with a single sheet of paper.  The initial folds were straight forward and following the directions for the cuts was easy enough.  It got a bit complicated after that point.  Once the cuts were made refolding the single sheet required a bit of dexterity and another picture in the book would have been nice.  We were lucky here that our workshop leaders Janice and Pam took pictures along the way and posted them in our gallery.  That gave use and extra reference point.

Anyway, here is the finished product.  I punched two small holes in the accordion spine and used a ribbon to keep the accordion together.  I used some of my definition stamps as content for this book. 

As always, content is the hardest part of the book creation.  I usually find that content drives the style of the book and in this workshop we are working with the style first and the content second.  We are being exposed to a wide variety of styles and without this challenge I don't think that I would be systematically working my way through all that this book has to offer.

Thank you, Janice and Pam.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...