Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sketchbook Project

One reason that I haven't been posting a lot is that I've been busy working on my sketchbook for the 2011 Sketchbook Project.  I want to get my book finished and posted as soon as I can so I've been working diligently on it (as life permits).  This is a first for me.  I've never participated in something like this before where my work was going to go public so naturally I'm quite nervous. 

I, like many others, found that the paper in the supplied moleskine was very thin so I took my book apart and I've substituted a heavier weight paper (140 lb cold press) that wouldn't bleed through if I used markers and wouldn't buckle under wet media.  This meant rebinding the book and while I'm at it I'll put a different cover on it to replace the simple kraft paper cover that I received.

According to the rules, I need to keep the same length and width dimensions for the sketchbook and keep the bar code on the back cover so that it can be tracked.  Beyond that, I have some flexibility.  Since I do more of a visual journal that an actual "sketch" book (my sketching ability being weak) I'm glad of the flexibility. 

My theme is:  It must be:   that allows for a lot of creativity as far as I can see.  I can start out with some background  i.e.  it must be me  and then work into things that I like, such as     it must be books   etc. 

I hope to get it finished and sent off by the end of the month.  That's my target.

I'll take a few pictures of the finished product and post them when I'm done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...