Wednesday, June 20, 2012

While I was decorating pages for the accordion books, I used my pan pastels, versamark and poppy stamp and decorated a second sheet of printmaking paper.  I got my dimensions mixed up when I was cutting the paper, though.  I decided that I would not make the resulting pages into an accordion book, but rather try out a drum leaf binding.

This involved pasting the leaves of the pages together around their perimeter.  When the cover was added, the first and last pages where glued in, leaving 1 cm space at the spine.  This allowed the spine to open fully, without putting pressure on the glued pages.  This is similar to the way in which a cover is attached to a child's board book.

Here is my drum leaf binding.





3 guest annotations:

Anonymous said...

Hey thеre! Woulԁ уou mind if I sharе your blog with my twitteг group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you youchilly.com

Anonymous said...

Very nice aгticle, just what I ωanted tο find.
relevant internet site

Gigigi said...

I once discussed art journaling with a new friend. We only had a brief time for her to show me some of her beautiful journals and teach me some journal basics. When we parted, I returned home and purchased some art journalling books because I feel so much more comfortable with a visual to follow. I also purchased the exact acrylic paint in the same crimson and white pearl that she had mixed for me. I loved the resultant colour so much :). They are still capped waiting to be used. CAW your blog is like no other !!! I cannot wait until my life allows me to start that special journal with your guidance and caring touches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Copyright 2010 In My Workroom.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.