Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Acrylic Abstract Texture Painting

Today I began work on another Acrylic Abstract painting.  This one is going to be heavily textured and I used DAP Dry Dex Spackling Compound to provide the texture on my canvas.

The interesting thing about this product is that it goes on pink, and I mean hot pink when it's wet and then dries white.  This way you are in no doubt about when the spackle is ready to paint.  It was less than half price when I picked it up which was the reason I decided to try it.  I used about 200 mL quite generously over a 40 cm x 60 cm canvas.



This gives you an idea of the top and centre portion of the canvas.

The lower third of the canvas had a more stippled texture.

This is a closeup of the top portion of the canvas.

You can see the faint pink in the centre section that indicates that the spackle is still damp.

I am going to let the compound dry thoroughly before giving it a white base coat of acrylic paint.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...