Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Raven's Foot Binding

Another type of binding I've tried (and I think this time the materials came from Club Scrap) was a Coptic Stitch binding called the "Raven's Claw".  The reason for that will be easily apparent when you see the picture of the binding.





The signatures were sewn over cords that were inserted into the cover boards in the shape of a raven's claw, then feathered and glued to the board before being covered with decorative paper.  My top row of stitching was not quite straight.  I didn't get my sewing station pierced quite evenly though the other two sections look better.  I would choose a different paper to cover the boards in a second attempt at this book.  I don't think the paper chosen sets off the character of the book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...